£15.93 - £17.04 per hour
over 1 year ago
I am currently working with a reputable and respected Membership Body who are looking to recruit a Journalist to joint heir warm, friendly and hard-working team on a temporary basis for an ongoing period.
Please note that this is a part-time role for 3 days per week.
Reporting in to the Editor, the purpose of this role will be to identify, research and write news and features for communications channels, on policies and current affairs affecting the profession as well as to write monthly news and analysis articles on the organisation's influencing and lobbying activities.
- Assist in the production of the editorial section of their news every month, identifying key areas of current interest, researching and writing news and feature articles, editing copy where required and sub-editing and proof reading to set deadlines
- Identify, research and write up news items and features and undertake interviews with key people, in collaboration with members, staff and stakeholders
- Ensure articles are produced to the design and style guidelines
- Work with the website manager/editor as required to develop and write agreed copy for posting on the website
- Assist the editor as may be required in the overall production of news and provide cover during times of annual leave as required
This role will suit a candidate with a fresh and lively creative writing style with the ability to turn complex or dry reports into engaging copy and to be able to turn copy around quickly. Previous experience of writing for the health and social care sector in print and online (or a strong personal interest) is beneficial.
If you have the confident to report at annual conferences and other events and campaigns, as well able to deal professionally with key figures then this could be an ideal role for you.
Please e-mail your CV to email@example.com along with the reference number - J63895AM - and I will contact you.