£22,425 per year
over 3 years ago
A user led disability organisation is recruiting for a Job Coach to support their clients to learn through their work placements and to find paid employment.
The Job Coach will work in partnership with Hounslow Borough Council and West Thames College to deliver the job coaching element of a Project Search site and provide coaching, support and guidance to young people (16-25) with a learning dfficulty on a work-based learning programme within Hounslow Borough Council.
You will support trainees to learn designated placements and provide the necessary coaching, training and encouragement to enable trainees to deliver their placements as well as facilitate the progression of all trainees into real paid employment opportunities post placement.
This is a 1year contract with a view to become longer should funding continue.
You will be based at Hounslow Civic Centre and the main responsibilities of the role include:
1. To provide an appropriate level of support and guidance to individual clients, their families/carers, employers and co-workers prior to, during and subsequent to their placement
2. To carry out a detailed job analysis of potential job placements
3. To carry out detailed job matching of service users and placements
4. To comprehensively learn all placements across different sectors prior to presenting them to the client – not restricted to but potentially including - Catering, Service, Administrative, IT and Retail
5. Look for new placement opportunities within host site and shares with the team
6. To implement training/coaching plans which will enable the clients ’ to deliver their placements to employer standards
7. Network within host placement site and outside host placement site to explore, negotiate and create employment opportunities for clients
8. Develop a portfolio of employers within the travel to work area
9. Support clients with job search activities including occupational decision making, job finding skills and job keeping skills
10. Supporting clients progression from welfare onto employment related benefits
11. Work in close partnership with the tutor from West Thames College to ensure that the priorities of the programme are met
12 Provide support in groups and one-to-one settings during class time as required and in line with the employment based curriculum.
Key criteria for this role include:
1. High expectations for the employment potential of young people with learning disabilities
2. An understanding of the needs of employers and the benefits to business of having a diverse workforce
3. Being able to travel easily within the boroughs of London relevant to the role
4. To be available for work during some unsocial hours according to the demands of the programme.
5. To be able to effectively undertake and demonstrate a range of different tasks to the trainees.
6. To be willing to take all annual leave during the school holiday periods
7. Qualification in Advice and Guidance/Supported Employment/Youth Work or Training.
8. An understanding of the factors to be considered in supporting people with learning disabilities into employment
9. Experience of coaching/training or mentoring
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to the Education Team quoting reference number J52765KP