£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Are you looking for your next IT Support specialist role?
We are working with a leading college based in Central London are looking for an IT Support Specialist to join their team.
This is a permanent full-time role, offering a salary between £38,000 - £42,000 per annum based on experience.
Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- - Coordinate setup, maintain, and track all technology equipment for the organisation and manage asset disposition of old equipment.
- - Support all AV troubleshooting to include video and audioconferencing room systems, projectors, digital screens, and other related equipment.
- - Manage updates, upgrades, warranties, and supplies, including leased equipment.
- - Accurately document all work completed into the appropriate call-tracking and incident management systems. Documentation includes a clearly defined description of the problem, complete troubleshooting steps, communications, equipment asset information and a complete description of - the resolution.
-Partner with the third-party IT support provider and act as a subject matter expert for the Service Desk.
- - Provide on-site warranty evaluation and repairs on the organisation owned equipment. Update Knowledge base as needed for new issues, new technologies and equipment plus fixes to support both technicians and self- service.
- - Contribute to staff and student onboarding and offboarding processes, including training activities.
- - Overall Classroom support including assisting faculty and students with accessing applications and Campus wired and wireless networks.
- - Technology evaluation, consultation, project participation, and implementation.
Candidates applying for this role must have the following skills:
- - Undergraduate degree, or other relevant qualifications in Computer Science or related subject areas
- - Proven working experience as an IT Specialist
- - Very strong knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- - Experience supporting connectivity, AV, telephony, laptop and desktop equipment, OSX, Windows and Microsoft applications, and Google Suite
- - Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- - Project management experience
- - Very strong interpersonal skills
If you have the required experience, please apply with a copy of your CV. This role will be closing on 1st April, 2021.