City of London, London, England
Up to £31000.00 per annum
6 days ago
Are you an IT Support Officer? Are you currently looking for a new opportunity where you will be developed & trained further and work in a relaxed but professional environment? Would you be open to working for a commercial not for profit community-based organization where their staff come first? Do you have strong demonstrable experience as a 2nd line IT support? If so, then please read on.
The Senior IT Support Officer will provide 2nd/3rd line support and administration on our ICT infrastructure to effectively meet the needs of the organization based in South London and assist the IT Manager with delivery of the ICT strategy. You will be required to have proven experience of the duties below in order to qualify and as the current incumbent is leaving in the next 3 weeks, priority will be given to those people who are actively looking for a new and exciting opportunity.
- Ensure that support issues for both internal and external clients are managed, prioritised and completed on time.
- Provide excellent customer service and reliable and effective ICT and Audio-Visual support to both internal and external customers
- Ensure that ICT infrastructure is secure, updated and compliant with best practises and ICT policies/procedures. Secure all data against internal and external threats.
- Assist the IT Manager to deliver the ICT strategy by implementing and/or upgrading hardware, systems, applications, and management information systems.
- Undertake and co-ordinate ICT projects as required.
- Act as the network manager including daily backups and server administration and troubleshooting network issues.
- Resolve 2nd and 3rd line support issues, referring to IT Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure support requests are dealt with appropriately and a satisfactory closure achieved, adopting a customer focused approach throughout in line with our values.
- Ensure documentation of systems and clear user guides are created and maintained
- Maintain ICT systems operation including preventative maintenance.
- Maintain compliance with ICT policies and procedures. This includes maintaining detailed network configuration records and other support documentation. Assist the IT Manager with maintenance of the ICT disaster recovery plan.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all software licensing laws.
- Provide staff with appropriate ICT support, advice and training.
- Manage external AV and ICT contractors and suppliers. This includes management of support contracts to ensure service level agreements are met; competitive pricing is achieved, and network/data security is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with security of information policies and risk management measures.
- Assist with implementation of new ICT systems, equipment and projects as required.
Please appreciate that you will need to have good working knowledge of Office 365/Windows & Hyper V or VMWare to be selected as well as good demonstrable experience & project experience too.