£37000 - £40000 per annum
over 3 years ago
A scientific membership charity comprising of 21 employees which is based in central London is seeking an experienced IT Manager for an exciting role. The successful applicant will oversee the organisation's internal IT infrastructure and support, being able to clearly communicate projects and developments to staff. The role will involve seeing through the recommendations from a recent IT review which will include improving the offering of both Office 365 and MS Dynamics CRM to ensure the organisation gets the most out of these products. Successfully managing outsourced relationships and supporting end users are also key requirements for this position.
Key duties will include:
- To ensure that the ICT solutions of the Society are at all times available, fully functional, secure and maintained to the highest possible standard and kept up to date
- To support on a day to day basis all internal stakeholders at the Society in their use of the organisation's business technologies, including several cloud based solutions, through face to face, telephone, email or online interactions as appropriate
- To work with, influence and foster good working relationships and common agreement on technical issues with outsourced service providers, vendors and suppliers
- To carry out day to day administration (including user provision and permissions management, security audits and data backup and resilience activities) of key, mission-critical, systems, most of which are cloud base
- To implement, administer and maintain the Office365 service on behalf of the Society
- Implement and periodically review the Society's IT strategy, making recommendations and providing advice to the Finance and Commercial Director where necessary
- To develop the Society's ICT capabilities so that they contribute to effective collection, collation, storage and dissemination of knowledge across the Society
- To ensure that the CRM in particular is developed as the Society's knowledge management "hub", orchestrating the technology, suppliers, users and data sources to achieve this
- Work with the publishers of the Society's journals to ensure that linkages between the online journals and the Society's website are well-managed and developed
- Proven, hands-on experience (at least 1.5 years) of managing Microsoft cloud based infrastructure, including setting up and managing Office365 service
- Experience with MS Dynamics or a comparable CRM
- Good track record of managing a portfolio of service providers and other external partners in delivering high-quality, cost effective and user-friendly solutions
- Excellent, proven knowledge of key ICT technologies, in particular IP, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, SSL.
- Excellent project management skills relating to the researching, implementation and maintenance of IT systems, software and hardware
- A proactive attitude to the duties and infrastructure managed is essential, taking initiative, planning for the prevention of problems and capable of working independently in an effective manner
- The ability to work independently in a 'stand-alone' capacity
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills
The role represents a chance for an experienced IT professional to play a key role in enhancing the charity's digital strategy, and to work in a friendly, supportive environment.
Please send your CV for further consideration.