about 2 months ago
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We are looking for an IT Administrator to join ConnectionHub as we are growing as a charity. This is an exciting opportunity for a website administrator with some experience editing HTML or content editing a website (i.e. a Wordpress or DNN website). You will be responsible for maintaining and updating ConnectionHub's website, providing technical and troubleshooting support to our volunteers and beneficiaries.
- Maintain and update ConnectionHub website, ensure website functions smoothly by managing the website performance, such as loading time and memory usage.
- Configure access for users, connect databases and other back-end components.
- Address user concerns and resolve bugs, providing troubleshooting support.
- Suggest and implement upgrades and features to the website.
- Help integrate new content, such as courses and services, tweaking the page layout as required.
- Prepare backups and create recovery plans for website content and other resources.
- Excellent IT skills, including HTML knowledge, content management systems (i.e. Wordpress).
- Confident in debugging to assess the website's usability, design, content and performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages and G Suite.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a 'can-do' attitude.
- Good time management skills and ability to explain technical concepts in everyday language.
All volunteers are required to have a valid standard DBS certificate.
Please complete our online application form, including your most recent CV alongside a covering letter detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.
Online application form URL: https://smrtr.io/4GJBB
Due to the high level of applications we are currently receiving we will only contact you if you are successful.