£35k - 40k per year
almost 4 years ago
A leading Arts charity / awarding body are seeking an experienced IT / systems professional to lead on the scoping out and implementation of a new CRM system focused around examinations and e-learning. The ideal candidate will have led on a similar project implementation in an e-learning environment. The focus of this short-term project will be to implement a Learner Registration and Certification Module to fully satisfy the charitys regulatory and operational requirements.
Key elements of this project are to:
- Conduct a thorough needs analysis of the charity’s specific requirements for an intuitive, web-based, end-to-end Learner Registration and Certification system incorporating a full review of current Examinations Department processes – making recommendations to improve existing work practices – fully documenting current and preferred/ redesigned workflows and protocols, including step-by-step instructions for operating staff and end users
- Ensure that any software development is robust, fit for purpose, customisable to the charity’s needs and future-proof
- Determine reporting functions which inform business operational and strategic plans in relation to predicted Learner Volumes, certification analyses and Examiner Availability matched to Examination Date requests from centres
- Ensure synergy and compatibility with other elements of the charity’s operational software products – for example marketing, finance and 3rd party payment gateways
- Provide for the collection and manipulation of Learner Registration and Certification details
- Design-in the need for the checking for duplicates (e.g. Learner entered for the same examination twice),, potential scheduling clashes, qualification type, code and name and Unit registration
- Devise a time-tabling solution which fully meets the charity’s specific requirements, including allowing for permitted hours not being exceeded, Reasonable Adjustments, breaks and preparation time. Showing all exam sitting (per examiner) where there are multiple examiners in the same examination event (day)
- Devise a matching process to bring together Examiner Availability and Date Allocations with Private Centres’ preferred Date Bookings, with the facility to identify when the examiner last examined at that centre, where the examiner is prior and after the exam booking. To note any potential conflict of interest which is to be recorded against an examiner
- Facilitate the collation and reporting of data to deliver certification by Learner, by qualification, by centre, by unit, by group, reprints, duplicates etc. To capture number of Learners/exams by date range, country, region, centre to inform business planning and data reporting to regulators
- Ensure the provision of data to support batch printing of certificates in accordance with Ofqual, CCEA and Qualifications Wales as well as the charity’s requirements
- Provide the ability to retain certificate templates for both current and historical templates as well as having a full audit trail of when certificates were issued
- Make sure the system is focussed for UK and international delivery
- Provide for enhanced reporting to assist in evidencing regulatory compliance and for management reporting
- Record all examiner expenses and outputting information to the Finance System for payment – requirement to store receipts, distance between examiners home and place of exam.
The ideal candidate will have considerable knowledge and experience of implementing IT-based system solutions, preferably earned in a regulated environment.
A thorough understanding of cloud/web-based solutions will be required, backed-up by a solutions focused mind set, customer-focused mentality and intense attention to detail.
The successful candidate will work directly to the Head of Examinations and work alongside the charity’s Operations Services Manager, with regular interface work with the information system supplier.
The post-holder will also assist in the delivery of training and the writing of procedural documents to all system users.
This is a fixed-term contract and is likely to run for a minimum period of eight months on a four to five-day working week.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.