4 months ago
We are recruiting for a volunteer who will be able to assist the organization's work on Iran ideally for two to three days a week for a minimum of three months. If you are interested in volunteering with us, we would like to hear from you. Although the volunteer's role will be supervised, they will be expected to work independently, use their initiative and manage their own tasks. Willingness to undertake some routine administrative tasks is crucial.
Voluntary work at Amnesty International provides valuable experience in a professional environment. We will provide the volunteer with regular feedback, evaluation and work references. However, please note that volunteering does not lead directly to employment with Amnesty International. Voluntary work is unpaid, although travel and lunch expenses are provided.
- Press monitoring and electronic filing: We monitor the news on the internet on a daily basis. The volunteer will be assisting in monitoring the Persian and sometimes English press;
- Assisting with research: As appropriate the volunteer may carry out routine/office based secondary research under the supervision of the team;
- Translating: The volunteer will be asked to translate documents when needed;
- Campaigning: The volunteer will have the opportunity to draft short campaigning documents;
- Some administrative tasks.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Fluent level of written and spoken Persian;
- Fluent level of written and spoken English;
- Good working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Office applications;
- Good level of inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work independently;
- Background through study, work or other experience in a relevant area, including social sciences, law, media studies, and journalism.
Please apply here: https://careers.amnesty.org/vacancy/iran-team-volunteer---london-2578/2604/description/
Amnesty International is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.