£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
2 months ago
A leading international disability charity are looking for a Safeguarding and Learning Officer to join the team on a fixed term contract basis for 3-4 months.
Working closely with the Head of Safeguarding and Organisational Learning, you will provide effective support to frontline operational staff across all international programmes and partnerships, offering advice, guidance, and practical support in the case management of safeguarding concerns, complaints, and incidents.
With an in-depth working knowledge of current UK legislation and regulation as well as safeguarding and protection principles and standards in an international disability context you will:
- Ensure international safeguarding policies and procedures are fit-for-purpose and reflect legislative and regulatory requirements in the countries they will be applied to
- Participate in the delivery of safeguarding training, in partnership with the Learning and Development Team, for international programmes and partner agencies working with them to build their capacity.
- Ensure a consistent approach is applied in the implementation of safeguarding measures across the international programmes.
- Ensure international programmes adapt safeguarding and child protection procedures to country specific contexts.
- Ensure the regular monitoring of systems to enable the opportunities for organisational learning to be identified and learned from. This may include, where required, the recording and updating of case management records.
- To work with the Head of Safeguarding and Organisational Learning, Head of International Operations, and others to agree and implement an organisational strategy to provide support to international programmes, including alert, recording and reporting systems, guidance and preventative measures.
- To undertake critical incident, concern at work, or disciplinary investigations and to contribute to disciplinary panels as agreed with the Director of Quality.
Salary is negotiable and you must be able and willing to travel and work overseas during this short contract. For further details, please apply today!