South East England, England
£41000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Our client, an International Aid charity, has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced international programme senior - ideally someone who has worked on multi country programmes in Africa with large grant funding coalitions. You will need strong French language skills for this post. This is currently a funded contract to mid 2023 with flexibility around where it can be based. International travel is part of this role.
Key responsibilities for this opportunity:
* Ensure the accurate annual planning and budgeting of assigned countries
* Oversee project management implementation aspects of the programme in assigned countries
* Work closely with related technical advisors to align the technical and operational aspects
* Ensure that countries, and the NGO contracted partners, follow-up on all project improvement actions
* Maintain regular update calls with each country to closely monitor progress
* Maintain a dashboard of progress and review information from the field status reports and team meetings
* Monitor budget vs expenditure and highlight any variances
* Maintain a risk register and ensure all interventions uphold according to guidelines
International field based programme delivery experience is essential to be considered for this opportunity. You will need to demonstrate a senior level track record in a multi country, multi grant partner and complex international programme setting. As mentioned, French language skills are a must and you need to be flexible around international travel. Naturally you will already have the ability to work within a complex matrix structure without compromising the roles of key programme personnel. Demonstrable experience in identifying key risks, problem solving and rapidly escalating critical issues. Good analytical skills and the ability to work collaboratively to build stakeholder consensus, will serve you well.
To apply for this International Development - Programme Senior role, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team quoting the reference number 73841DW.