City of London
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
13 days ago
Calling all Communications specialists!
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Internal Communications Manager to work for a leading institute who are a graduate school with programmes designed to support educators throughout the education sector, including teachers, leaders, and executive leaders.
As Internal Communications Manager you'll play a pivotal role in engaging and developing the Institute's workforce of talented and passionate staff. Through the thoughtful leadership of all staff communications, you'll ensure staff are informed, empowered and able to do their best work.
You will work closely with the HR and Marketing and Communications teams to build a culture of learning and development within the organisation and create a staff experience in which all employees are heard, valued, included and connected to the broader organisation mission and strategy.
Main responsibilities will include:
- As the Internal Communications Manager, you will lead the development and implementation of an internal communication strategy for the organisation that supports the charity's strategic aims, organisational values and strengthens their brand.
- Manage and develop high quality internal communications
- Provide expert advice and training that empowers employees to use the organisation's channels effectively, ultimately ensuring the smooth and sustainable running of the organisation.
- Support senior leaders and line managers to cascade information effectively within and beyond their teams, engaging staff to support understanding and feedback.
- Work with your colleagues in the Marketing and Communications to align internal and external messaging and campaigns
- As part of the wider Culture and Communications department you will contribute to the departmental communications strategy and development of the organisational brand.
- You will support management of their social media channels and other marketing and communications projects as and when required.
Your experience will include:
- At least three years of Internal Communications management experience
- Strategic thinking - understanding the key position internal communications holds in an organisation
- Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills - able to adapt your style and tone for a variety of communications channels and purposes, and translate complex material into clear and compelling copy
- High level stakeholder management skills - tact, diplomacy, discretion, clarity
- Experience of supporting change and growth in an organisation through effective management of internal communication
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about improving outcomes for pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a 400-500-word cover letter to highlight how your experience and skills are relevant to this role.
Closing dates for applications will be Monday 20th of May and first informal interviews to be arrange the week commencing 23rd of May and more formal second stage interviews in the following week.
We look forward to receiving your application
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.