18 days ago
Intern for busy charity office - oh and working with a great team
Who we are
Yes to Life empowers people with cancer to make informed decisions about their cancer care options.
What we do
We provide information to guide people with cancer through the confusing options for care and lifestyle choices. Our aim is to help them make informed decisions. We simplify the complex and facilitate access to expert knowledge. We quickly provide simple, straightforward information about what people with cancer can do right now to start making a positive difference to their wellbeing.
How we do it
We offer individual support through our helpline and website, and information through blogs and publications, radio broadcasts, workshops and conferences. We also supply contacts to a range of specialist practitioners and organisations.
We are looking for:
An intern to help us in the office two or three days a week with the day to day running of the charity. You will learn how the charity works, whilst assisting our small team with a whole range of administration and fundraising initiatives.
Things you will get involved with:
- Helping us organise our events
- Social Media
- Website content - we are moving to a new website and need help with everything this entails from checking info; helping write content; organising photographs etc
- Supporting the team
You will need:
- Good office skills (Microsoft Office)
- Social Media understanding
- to be Details person - organised and good at paying attention to detail
- to be a Quick learner
We will teach you:
- All about the charity
- How to use some creative software and Social Media Scheduling software
- You can join our meetings and learn as much as you want to
- Learn all about Lifestyle Medicine; healthy living; healthy eating; exercise and lots lots more.
We are looking for someone who can commit to 2 or 3 days a week with flexibility on the days worked. Your day would start at 10.00 am and end around 5.30/6.00 pm but you may be required to work later on occasion and attend events you are involved in organising.
For more information and if you are interested in the role please contact: Sue.email@example.com giving details of your suitability for the role and your CV.