£300 - £450 per day
about 1 year ago
Interim Head of Sales - 6 months - Competitive Daily Rate
Our client, a leading Chartered Institute, are looking for an Interim Head of Sales for 6 months. Reporting to the Head of Employer and Provider Partnerships, you will be managing a field based team of 10. The role is field based with regular visits to Northamptonshire/London offices and regular travel around the UK.
Motivate and manage the sales teams to high performance in a new business model, selling strategic partner propositions and in a changing market impacted by the new Apprenticeship Levy.
You will be a well proven leader and manager of field-based teams in selling strategic partnerships - holistic and tailored packages rather than lots of individual products and an emphasis on building and sustaining scalable customer relationships. This will generally be more consultative and strategic selling and account management and you will have a demonstrable record of success in growing and sustaining profitable business. You will be clear, confident and collaborative, a strong leader focused on and able to get the best results through strong leadership and a good coaching and supportive style.
The main responsibilities of this role are to lead a field-based team to high performance and success in growing this business line by at least 60% as they seize the opportunity they have worked so hard for in being well-placed in the new Trailblazer apprenticeship market. You will motivate and support the team to identify, engage with and win business from new partner prospects whilst retaining and growing our strong existing business. You will ensure that the team remain best-aligned to the market opportunity
Key further responsibilities
Manage to deliver continually improving and always better than target:
- Values - living their values every day and inspiring others to do the same
- People - performance management for KPI's, outcomes, productivity (incl. low sickness) engagement, empowerment and training/development
- Customer/External - always outward looking and rooting planning and decision making in customer based evidence
- Operational excellence - ensuring prioritising and assuring all required customer outcomes, robust processes, compliance, complete and secure data and proper and full use of our systems
- Budgets - for value and required outcomes
- Corporate - leading and engaging in collaboration to agreed pan-organisation initiatives and projects, comfortable in matrix working
- Projects - for required outcomes, value and minimising distraction
- Risks - for awareness and evaluation of all risks arising, appropriate mitigation and escalation
- Governance - complying with all rules and guidance including in procurement, authorisation and conflicts of interest