Up to £55000 per annum
6 months ago
Founded in 2002, Maytree is a national charity that provides a unique residential service for people in suicidal crisis so they can talk about their suicidal thoughts and behaviour. With a service that runs 365 days a year, Maytree offers a free 4-night, 5 day one-off stay to adults over the age of 18 from across the UK and aims to provide a safe, confidential, non-medical environment for its guests. With the current Director moving on, this is an interim opportunity (6-month fixed term contract) to lead the team and operations while the charity finds is next, permanent, Director
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the operational service (currently, during lock down, this is limited to a telephone support service for callers), and fundraising through the senior management team
- Manage the relationship with the Board, including regular operational meetings with the Chair, providing essential updates, and ensuring that Board meetings are effectively serviced and that all governance requirements are raised
- Provide guidance and steerage on managing the house and its service during lock down, and on reopening when it is safe to do so
- Ensure that volunteers are recruited, trained and motivated, and are prepared for re-opening
- Provide a 'watching brief' on growth plans, maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and updating the Chair/Board members as necessary
In order to be considered for this role you will have previous senior management experience in the Charity sector, including a track record of working with and supporting a Board, and a strong knowledge of charity governance. You will understand volunteer led services, and ideally (although not essentially) have some experience of working with organisations that support vulnerable adults.
To apply to this fast-moving role, please send through an updated CV to Matt Adams at TPP Recruitment (email@example.com). Alternatively, contact Matt on 0207 198 6040 for a confidential discussion about the role.