North London, London
£18.00 - £21.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
An academic institution based in North London is looking for an interim Assistant Accountant who can join its existing finance team. Reporting the to the Head of Finance the successful candidate will support the finance team with operational and financial reporting.
The day to day duties of the Assistant Accountant will include;
- Monthly reconciliation of bank statements
- Process accruals and prepayments
- Maintain the fixed asset register and reconcile on a monthly basis
- Process all restricted and unrestricted income, ensuring that the expenditure is in line with Charity SORP and other relevant compliance
- Process VAT
- Process Gift Aid
- Maintain all payable invoices including setting up weekly payment runs
- Maintain monthly payroll changes and send it to outsourced payroll providers
- Produce and submit monthly pension returns
- Complete monthly reconciliation of payroll controls and post payroll journals
This is an ideal role for an immediately available candidate who can interview and start asap who has experience in similar role. Applicants must have working knowledge of payroll and ideally have prior knowledge of Government Pensions Schemes & Teachers Pensions Scheme. Good working knowledge of Excel including Pivot tables and VLook Ups is essential is also essential.
This is a full-time role and the institute is based a short walk from Highbury & Islington station. The successful candidate is required to travel to the offices, but some flexibility to work from home i.e. one day a week can be offered.
If you are interested in applying for the position of Assistant Accountant through TPP Recruitment please do so by sending your CV to email@example.com