£15.00 - £19.00 per hour
4 months ago
This is an immediate start on going interim Assistant Accountant role working for educational academy based in Highbury and Islington.
This is a 6 - 12 week temporary role, and the successful Assistant Accountant is required to travel in to work.
The duties of the Assistant Accountant is to work closely with the Head of Finance and help cover a back log in the finance department.
The day to day duties of Assistant Accountant will include;
- Processing accounts payable and receivable invoices
- Accurately recording income including restricted and unrestricted funds
- Process VAT returns
- Post journal entries for staff credit cards
- Complete payment runs
- Maintain and accurately record Fixed Asset Register
- Maintain accruals and prepayment schedules and reconciliation
- Complete control account reconciliation including balance sheet reconciliation
Applicants for the position of Assistant Accountant must be able to start asap, and have experience in similar role ideally within educational institute or a charity. The successful candidate will be a competent user of Excel including Pivot Tables and VLook Ups.
Due to this role being based in a Academic institution applicants must have a basic DBS check.
If you interested in applying for the position of Assistant Accountant through TPP Recruitment then please do so by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org