East London, London
£16.01 - £17.25 per hour + Holiday Pay
about 1 month ago
Our client, a leading housing association, are looking for an Income Officer with excellent customer care experience, to work with the Housing Services team based at their offices in Forest Gate. Reporting to the Neighbourhood Services Manager, you will be providing a high quality and prompt housing management service to customers, ensuring that current tenants arrears are pursued in order to maximise unpaid rental income. To offer advice and support to customers, assisting them to access all services and to ensure tenancy conditions are enforced. Raise the profile of services and ensure improved customer satisfaction.
It is essential that you have experience using Northgate Version 6 housing database.
- Maximise rental income for the Association but ensuring the key principles of
- customer care are adhered to and the needs of vulnerable tenants are met.
- Work with tenants from sign up to prevent debt from occurring.
- Negotiate realistic repayment agreements taking into account financial circumstance.
- Give advice on rent payment options.
- Understand and make referrals to the welfare benefits team.
- Assist tenants with support needs to access services to enable tenancy sustainment.
- Liaise effectively with local authority housing benefit and homelessness services.
- To provide practical assistance by helping residents where necessary to complete welfare benefit applications, deal with correspondence and apply for backdated welfare benefits.
- Arrange welfare benefit advice and debt counseling services for tenants who need it.
- Manage a complex caseload and instigate legal action as necessary for the recovery of debt
- Attend the County Court to present cases where possession is required to minimise income loss to the Association.
- Be an advocate for residents to ensure they can access all key services both internally and externally.
- Sign up new tenants explaining policies and services, tenant's legal and welfare rights and tenancy obligations.
- Promote resident involvement by attending and servicing meetings. Work with resident representatives to improve service delivery and taking full account of resident's needs.
- Assist tenants with support needs to access services to enable tenancy sustainment
- Recovery of rent arrears from tenants affected by bedroom tax and other benefit changes.