30 days ago
We Make Change gives you the power to change the world.
Our platform enables anyone, anywhere to use their skills to make the change they want to see.
We connect ChangeMakers (purpose-driven individuals) with high-impact NGOs to develop projects supporting the causes they care about.
We're looking for an Inclusion & Diversity Projects Manager to provide technical expertise within our deliverable projects and operational structure.
As a member of the People Team, you will be assisting in working within the operational and delivery lines of We Make Change (WMC) and on our Changemaker Projects. We have recently restructured and the Changemaker/WMC Functions sit devolved alongside one another. The role will provide technical input, and recommendations to the projects as an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion specialist. The role will also work within the People Team to develop OD and Diversity strategy and processes to realise our organisational mission.
What you will do:
- Work with people across the business to develop and implement an Inclusion & Diversity strategy and Digital Accessibility Guidelines in line with WCAG.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to scope, design and implement inclusion development strategies such as learning and development tools, mentoring, coaching and role model programmes and succession planning.
- Research, scope, recommend and implement people strategies and initiatives that will complement the evolving needs of the businesses/projects
- Take ownership of the external on-boarding process in partnership with the Head of Resourcing and Onboarding, inclusive of processing relevant paperwork using internal systems.
- Liaising with external companies representatives, Project Managers and Project Coordinators in order to ensure a successful volunteering experience
- Work with senior management to develop ways of driving up engagement
- Work with other managers, improving volunteers' experiences of working with us
- Conduct a self-paced amount of research and analysis providing recommendations as appropriate
- Promote Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Promote Health and Safety
- Professional experience in a inclusion, diversity or organisational development role is a requirement
- Leading people development or Inclusion initiatives at strategic level
- Understanding of UK Equalities legislation (e.g. 2010 Equality Act and Public Sector Equality Duty)
- Some experience within Learning and Development is highly desired
- Experience in providing insight and consultative review to projects
- Experience of working within a busy HR or training department during a significant period of change
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, highly personable with a flexible and mature approach.
- Management and leadership skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.