almost 4 years ago
JDRF, the type 1 diabetes charity
We fund research to cure, treat and prevent type 1. We work with government, academia and industry to accelerate research in the UK and within healthcare policy to ensure that the outcomes of research are delivered to people with type 1 in the UK.
What will I be doing?
This voluntary position would benefit anyone looking to take their first steps into the field of HR or a current HR student looking for relevant experience. It will provide an overall introduction to working in both a not for profit organisation and a busy HR Department.
You will be helping our HR team by:
Assisting with the full employee life-cycle including recruitment of staff by posting job adverts, helping to organising interviews, completing contracts, offer letter and leaver letters.
Helping to maintain employee files and databases including creating new paper and electronic files, updating records as required and archiving leavers’ files
Updating our HR database with sickness figures and training details
Running reports from our HR database to help report on departmental KPI’s
Maintaining the ‘meet the team’ pages on our website
How will this benefit JDRF?
This role will assist the HR team in supporting JDRF’s mission and organisational aims.
How will this benefit me?
- Introduction to HR administration, processes, policies and procedures
- Experience of working in a busy HR department
- Full training on a HR database
- Insight into working for a charity
- Understanding of our HR supports and contributes to organisational aims
When do you need me? One day per week, for initially three months with the possibility of extension. The preferable days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday
Where is this role based? In our London offices in Angel, Islington
What training will I receive? Full training will be provided by the HR Officer
What Will be expected of me?
- To assist with the smooth running of administration within the HR department
- To support JDRF’s mission to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes
- To put supporters at the heart of everything we do
- To work as one team towards the same end goal- to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes
- Take personal accountability for own work and collaborating with colleagues
- To embrace change as we continue to grow as an organisation
- To be adaptable and willing to take on new challenges and not to be afraid of failure
- To actively promote equality and diversity
What skills and attributes do I need?
- An interest in working in and pursue a career in HR
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- Possess strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Be a team player
- Have an interest in working in the charity sector
- Be able to use Microsoft Office (Word and Excel in particular) to a high standard
- You must be willing to sign confidentiality agreement to cover the information on our HR database that you will come into contact with.
What support is available to me?
Regular 121s with HR Officer; allocated staff buddy to help better understand type 1 diabetes
Sounds great! How do I get involved?
If you’re interested in applying, you’ll need to send us your CV and a covering letter highlighting why you are interested in this position. Once we receive this, those shortlisted for the role will be invited for an interview, which we give us the opportunity to ask you some questions and also give you the opportunity to ask us questions too. We want to make sure that this is the right role for you and that you’ll be happy providing this support.
Interested in applying or have any questions?
Please contact our Volunteer Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.