East London, London
Up to £22653 per annum
8 days ago
Support Worker - 6-months contract
Our client a ex-service support charity are looking for a new member in the support team, the role will be an ASAP start based in East London, this is a hands-on role and would be suited to someone who really wants to give back and make a difference to ex-servicemen who have served in HM Armed Forces who are homeless, facing homelessness or in crisis.
You will be required to work on a shift pattern outlined below including weekends and night shifts, you will be working with 8 other Support Workers, and have up to a caseload of 4 residents that you will be supporting at one time.
Day to day duties would be as below
- Ensuring vacant bedrooms are prepared to a satisfactory condition and have adequate provisions, including clean bed linen.
- To supervise residents' behaviour as part of the process of maintaining the safety and security of the house and preventing damage to the property.
- To act as a key worker with nominated residents and work with them through support plan, risk assessment and support needs assessment.
- To arrange Housing Benefit claims for nominated residents and any other relevant and compulsory documents when the resident moves in and to check, through the Tower Hamlets Portal, if the correct rent is being paid.
- To coordinate cash spending on residents and VA staff when on duty; including keeping accurate records and carrying the handover when finishing the shift.
- To be prepared to work flexibly, including the cover of additional shifts during employee's absence.
- To be prepared to undertake cleaning duties that include wiping the floors, handrails, desks and cleaning toilets and shower-rooms.
This role is open to anyone who feels they could make a difference and could commit to 6 months, there are practicalities to consider such as the ability to move large items and able to work evenings and weekends.
- Good organisational skills together with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Good level of computer literacy (Word, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) with a wide range of people
- Experience of flexible approach to work
- Ability to take initiative and support other members of staff, particularly Deputy Manager and Manager
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
This job is subject to enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references.
* NB due to COVID-19 new staff are asked to take a swab test 24h before the start date. The test will be arranged and paid for by the client.
House Support Worker
6 month contract
Working hours: You are required to be available for work on a shift system, of no more than 24 (twenty four) hours per shift, on a maximum of 2 (two) days of each calendar week, and a maximum of 7 (seven) days in each calendar month (excluding overtime). The shift rota is based on a seven day week; there is no additional pay for working on a Saturday or Sunday within the normal shift pattern. This equates to an average working week of 39 hours, which figure is used to calculate overtime rates. Your shift will normally start at 08:00 hours and end at 08:00 hours the following morning, and during the hours between 00:30 and 05:30 you may be asleep but on call on the premises. You will be entitled to a 1 (one) hour break between 12:00 and 13:00 hours when you may leave the premises, and a 1 (one) hour break between 18:00 and 19:00 when you may not leave the premises. On a weekend staff cannot leave the building for lunch.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.