about 3 years ago
Providence Row works with more than 1,400 homeless and vulnerably housed people a year in East London, offering an integrated service of crisis support, advice, recovery and learning and training programmes.
We are currently seeking volunteers within our centre in Whitechapel who can offer a commitment of at least one day per week (08.45-4pm) over a minimum of 6 months.
Volunteers need to meet the following criteria:
* Good telephone and communication skills are essential.
* Ability to create good connection and working relationships with people rough sleeping
* Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Emails and ability to use case management systems
* Able to act calmly under pressure.
* Understanding or willingness to learn the causes and effects of homelessness
* Willingness to attend role specific training to develop within your volunteer role
* References are required for this role
Due to the nature of the role (working with vulnerable adults), DBS Disclosure barring checks are sought after successful completion of our four week introductory period.
* Receiving phone calls and taking messages
* Booking clients in at reception
* Conduct initial meetings (Triage) with new clients and create database account and record actions
* Overseeing breakfast and lunch booking
* Structured induction
* Access to regular training in role specific tasks
* Travel expenses up to £10 per day
* Freshly prepared lunch cooked onsite
To apply, please visit http://www.providencerow.org.uk/triage-volunteer where you will find the job role and application form.