Up to £70000 per annum
about 1 year ago
This highly respected membership organisation are looking for a senior leader to join them to provide leadership for the organisations activities in Wales.
Within this exciting role, you can look forward to building influential relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders within the community and their membership, to provide strategic insight to maximise the organisations work within Wales. You can look forward to establishing and managing a team covering areas within policy, education and community engagement, to ensure that high quality events, projects and activities are delivered within the Welsh region.
Reporting into the Director of Policy and Public Affairs, you can look forward to working with colleagues and their Wales Committee, to set and agree key priorities and strategies to deliver the aims and objectives of the wider organisational strategy within the context of the Welsh region and community. Working as part of the SMT, you will ensure the Welsh business plan is intertwined with the overarching organisational strategy.
Please note this role is to be based in Wales, with office space in Cardiff if required and a frequent requirement to travel around Wales.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have substantial experience in a leadership role
- Have strong experience working with or within private and public sectors
- Have a strong track record in designing and delivering business plans
- Have a strong track record in engaging and influencing senior political decision makers and opinion formers
- Have strong line management experience
- Have experience in or a good knowledge of politics, economics, and science policy issues in Wales
- Either proficient in or willing to learn to speak and write in Welsh