about 2 months ago
Pride in London means many things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and join the conversation!
Forty-six years since the first Pride march in London, Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life; together we pull off the UK's biggest free LGBTQ+ community event every year. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. We welcome applications from everybody, and are especially keen to attract new volunteers from the BAME, Trans, Bi, Non-binary and Queer communities who we would love to see more widely represented in our organisation.
Your new volunteer role
Trafalgar Square hosts the largest of our stages and is one of the busiest parts of Pride Saturday. The role of Head of Operations is to support the Director of Operations with the management of the square on the day of the event.
This includes leading of a large team of volunteers and working closely with our partner agencies, stakeholders, local residents and businesses and the LGBT+ community.
- Attend operational meetings in London and provide updates.
- Develop volunteer roles and support/train volunteers on the day of event
- Maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and update relevant records and systems
- To ensure smooth running of Trafalgar square area on day of event
- Develop a report after event, suggesting recommendations for future events
Who you are
- Previous experience of working in event management/festivals
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and address conflict effectively
- coaching and leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Some experience of Project management
- Awareness of accessibility
- Experience of using two way radios
- Experience of working with diverse stakeholders
- Experience of budget management
What you'll get about joining pride in London
- A induction course and a variety of training that's offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering Pride event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
Please send a CV, and Covering letter showcasing how you are suitable for the role to;