City of London
£59250.00 - £63000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits
2 months ago
Are you a Head of Strategic Communications looking for your next role?
If so, we have a great opportunity for a Head of Strategic Communications to work for the UK's leading charity who are dedicated to supporting people with Arthritis
As a member of the Income and Engagement senior management team, you will help lead the development and implementation of an organisation-wide strategy.
You will lead an audience-informed approach to external communications activity using data and insight to ensure they are delivering the right message to the right audiences at the right time across owned and earned channels to ensure they are building voice and influence, and growing income
Main responsibilities will include:
- You will play an active role in the development and delivery of a strategy for income and engagement, building the annual programme and team plans
- Drive an increase in engagement against strategic communications objectives across paid and owned channels with a clear focus on improving journeys.
- Translate the organisation's vision, strategy and brand into an effective brand narrative that tells their story across the Income Strategies
- Leading and managing the team individually and collectively, providing the conditions needed for the team to deliver against objectives and targets.
- Ensure plans are audience-informed and led by insight and evidence while also aligned with wider organisational and cross-directorate activity.
Your experience will include:
- As Head of Strategic Communications, you will have a proven track record of leading and managing a high-performing strategic communications team generating powerful media coverage
- You will be a strong effective communicator, with the ability to engage a range of stakeholders directly though the work of the team, or strong relationship building and strong influencing skills
- You will have significant digital channel experience with a track record of improving user experience and engagement on owned channels
- Significant line management experience including embedding new ways of working and supporting teams through periods of significant change
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and a 500-600-word supporting statement highlighting how your skills and experience are suitable for this role and why you would like to work for an organisation that makes a real difference by helping transform the lives of people of all ages, living with the pain of arthritis
We look forward to receiving your application
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.