about 1 month ago
Pride in London means many things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and join the conversation!
Forty-six years since the first Pride march in London, Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life; together we pull off the UK's biggest free LGBTQ+ community event every year. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. We welcome applications from everybody, and are especially keen to attract new volunteers from the BAME, Trans, Bi, Non-binary and Queer communities who we would love to see more widely represented in our organisation.
Purpose of Role
The Head of Soho (Operations) assists the Operations Director in one of the key event areas in both the planning and the on the day delivery.
We have worked in Soho for the many years and have an opportunity to continue to make this event space better for all involved.
- Assist in the in the development of the strategic vision for the Soho area over the years ahead
- Support the Operations Director to work with the production company on delivery of event
- Provide regular progress updates to the Operations Director
- Represent Pride in London at external meetings which will include Westminster Council and other local business.
- Work with other Pride in London teams to ensure smooth running of event
- Manage and support volunteers in design and delivery of event
- Create a report after event making recommendations for future Pride in London events
- Previous experience of working in event management
- ability to stay calm under pressure and address conflict effectively
- Good interpersonal skills
- Some experience of Project management
- Awareness of accessibility
- Experience of working with diverse stakeholders
- Experience of budget management
- Preferable - experienced working with local authorities, licensing
What you'll get about joining pride in London
- A induction course and a variety of training that's offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering Pride event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
Please send a CV, and Covering letter showcasing how you are suitable for the role to;