£46000.00 - £51000.00 per annum
23 days ago
Our client, a professional body, has a fantastic opportunity available for a new Head of Programme (Medical Research/Surveillance). You will be initiating, coordinating and continually developing a suite of innovative surveillance projects into rare diseases and conditions. This is a London based role offering excellent benefits including flexible working.
Key responsibilities for this Head of Programme (Medical Research/Surveillance) role:
* Leading and working closely with the various stakeholders to deliver on the various surveillance projects
* Ensure all studies comply with ethical and governance considerations and frameworks
* Steering your team on the day to day running and budget managing
* Develop strategies, annual operational plans and maintain risk register
* Regularly share information about unit's activities and study findings with internal and external stakeholders
* Set priorities for research and participation in the design, delivery, and dissemination of studies
If you have worked in a medical surveillance unit before that would be fantastic. However experience of working in health/medical research and data collection would also be ideal. This is a senior post in the division. You will need to demonstrate good knowledge of collecting patient data from care providers and similar contexts. It is also necessary that you can demonstrate the ability as well as understanding the importance of writing and implementing 5 year plans. Proven knowledge of research and surveillance methodology and how to implement them in order to design and set up studies. Demonstrable understanding of research governance issues, including ethics, data protection and consent and confidentiality. Proven track record or working within epidemiology, public health research or infectious diseases surveillance. Provide strategic and senior oversight for high profile multiple projects on time and on budget. Experience of analysing large and complex datasets. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience, demonstrating the ability to understand and discuss complex issues around public health and epidemiology.
To apply for this Head of Programme (Medical Research/Surveillance) vacancy, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team quoting the reference number 74717DW. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.