£42000.00 - £47000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
27 days ago
Calling all Senior Policy and Public Affairs professionals!
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a medical based charity who are looking to appoint a newly created role of Head of Policy and Public Affairs to work closely with their Director of Strategy & Programmes to deliver on the organisational policy, public affairs, and advocacy activities, and to contribute to several grant-funded projects.
This is a newly created position within the charity and the successful candidate will have experience in working in a similar role, with experience of successfully influencing healthy policy agendas and working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to achieve shared goals. The successful candidate will ideally have experience working with UN institutions and may also have experience of working on awareness campaigns.
You will be adaptable and willing to support the delivery of work across the organisation's portfolio and interested in building a career in global health policy.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing the organisation's global policy and advocacy activities
- As Head of Policy and Public Affairs, you will work closely with the Director of Strategy & Programmes to drive forward the next phase of their policy work, in particular next steps with the WHO Acceleration Plan
- Managing policy stakeholder engagement, including with UN institutions as part of the Global Obesity Coalition
- Tracking new research and policies contributing policy analysis for briefings, consultations, presentations to help advance implementation of WHO recommendations on obesity
- Networking and influencing of external forums and networks to enhance their policy and advocacy reputation
- Working closely with the internal teams to provide policy-relevant and scientifically accurate messaging and materials
- Monitoring and tracking the organisation's policy stakeholder engagement on salesforce and develop systems to enhance member engagement to achieve policy impact
- Supporting Policy & Projects Coordinator with work on grant-funded projects including guidance and review of activities for the project deliverables and support for periodic technical and financial reports of projects
- Managing the policy budget to ensure activities are delivered effectively
- Managing the policy team, including project coordinator and policy officer
Your experience will include:
- At least 4 years' experience working in a related policy and/or public affairs role in an NGO or similar organisation
- Demonstratable experience of project management and successful delivery, including budgets, workplans, and human resource management
- Ability to work flexibly in a busy environment
- Relationship builder
- Experience of strong stakeholder management skills, and working in a membership organisation
- Effective communication with people of different cultures and translating knowledge and evidence for different audiences
- Personable and resourceful
- Willing and able to travel internationally and prepared to be flexible with occasionally being available outside UK business hours
- Management level experience in a not-for-profit context
- Fundraising experience, including leading/contributing to development of grant applications
- Experience working in a hybrid workplace
- Experience of working with committees / trustees / volunteers
- Previous use of Salesforce, Asana, and Slack platforms
This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to work for a small team within a global organisation whose work is wide reaching and has a significant impact in the health of millions of people internationally, both now and for the future.
If you're interested to find out more or would like to apply, please submit an up to date CV along with a 1 page cover letter, highlighting how your experience and skills are relatable to the role and why you would want to for an organisation where people's health and wellbeing are at the heart of everything they do.
We look forward to hearing from you
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.