City of London, London
£59000.00 - £59500 per annum
11 months ago
This leading international advocacy organisation is looking for a Head of Policy, Advocacy and Research to join their busy team and lead the organisations policy and advocacy function. You will be leading a team of 8 to develop research based policy positions and strategy in the field of childrens and girls rights in line with the 2017-20 strategy for the charity.
This positoin will report into the Director of Policy and Programmes and will be reposible for working in partnership with a range of organisations including DFID.
The appointed candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the international development sector preferably with experience of working in policy in this sector
- Experience of managing and motivating a team
- The ability to develop policy through its cycle, from the research and intelligence stage down to impact assessment and implementation;
- Experience in managing research projects with partner organisations.
- Able to act as a spokesperson for the charity
- Understanding of and ability to use data to inform policy decisions.
- Good problem solving, able to quickly understand complex information and
present it in an accessible way to a range of audiences.