£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
4 months ago
This highly respected membership organisation are looking for a senior policy professional to join their team.
Within this role, you can look forward to leading on the creation and delivery of the the organisations high-profile policy work and engagement that will underpin key aspects of their 5 years strategy. Working with the Director of Policy and Public Affairs, you will be spearheading the organisations efforts to inform and influence decision makers and opinion formers across the UK and Ireland, to build strategic partnerships and increase the organisations visibility and the impact of their work.
Line managing a team of 3, you will work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that their policy and advocacy work is integrated, consistent and high quality. You will oversee key programmes of work that will aim to inform and influence both the UK and Irish governments investment priorities in research, innovation and education, as well as driving the national debate about skills within the UK and Ireland.
You will be overseeing the organisations policy work such as the preparing written submission to government, parliaments and councils, and also producing briefings for trustees, senior staff and members.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced senior policy professional
- Have a strong track record in the development and delivery of high-profile policy projects and positions
- Have experience of understanding complex governance systems, as well as quality assurance and review of policy projects
- Have strong line management experience
- Have a strong stakeholder engagement ability