£50k per year
over 3 years ago
TPP is working with a leading health charity in the UK that are recruiting for an interim Head of Major Supporters. This role focusses specifically on leading and developing both the Major Donor team and the Trusts and Grants team in creating fundraising strategies to attract new supporters and delivering long term donations from high net worth individuals, trusts, and grant funders. The position is a great opportunity for an individual with significant experience of building relationships with major donors and the ability to both lead and motivate a team, to join a charity with an exciting period of growth ahead of them!
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead, motivate and develop the Major Donor and Trusts teams to create fundraising strategies to attract new supporters to deliver long term donations
- Regularly review the strategies and refine, where necessary, to ensure these are robust and ensure delivery of income targets
- Monitor and evaluate the teams’ income and expenditure line, ensuring that the teams are running efficiently and effectively
- Take responsibility for cultivating and managing relationships with existing and prospective donors with the capacity to give £50,000 or more
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to identify prospect opportunities
- Lead on developing the major donor strategy to progress relationships with high value major donor and trust supporters ensuring effective cultivation
- Oversee a programme of cultivation events
- Manage the internal approval of all activities
- Overall responsibility for managing external suppliers and agencies
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong experience of working within a major donor and/or trusts and statutory environment
- A proven track record of securing gifts of £50,000+
- Experience of developing and implementing annual and long term fundraising strategies
- Experience of managing major donor relationships
- Excellent ability to develop effective face to face relationships with supporters and senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly IT literature with experience of using databases
Closing Date: ASAP
If you are interested in this role or wish to register with TPP Recruitment to hear about future posts, please call Alice on 020 7198 6040, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do try to get in touch with all applications of interest however due to the volume of applications we receive this isn't always possible.
Plus free training for fundraisers!
All fundraisers who secure a role through TPP Recruitment receive a £100 CPD voucher to use with the Institute of Fundraising. More details are available on the TPP Not for Profit website http://www.tpp.co.uk/CPDvoucher
TPP Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.