Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
£32000 - £36000 per annum
over 1 year ago
A prominent and multi-faceted community charity based in Sunderland, north-east England is seeking a Head of Finance for an exciting new role.
The charity is at the forefront of community engagement and development in the north-east and delivers a range of award-winning programmes focused on impacting health, behaviours, attitude and skills of young and older people in the region. The charity is award-winning and has a genuine impact in the area.
The role involves the management of the day to day finance function and a small team.
Duties will include:
- Monthly management accounts preparation for all group organisations including preparation and review of reconciliations to an agreed timetable
- Annual statutory accounts preparation including management of year end audits
- Development and monitoring of financial systems and control procedures
- Grant income monitoring and claims preparation
- Financial management of subsidiary
- Quarterly / monthly VAT returns
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Ensure service level agreements, risk register and risk assessments are up to date, in place and signed where relevant
- Ensure databases are updated on a regular basis with correct information
- Complete and keep up to date: monthly reports (including dashboards), quarterly pro-v-act statistics, traffic lights and development plans
The charity consists of multiple entities - a main charity, a property asset, a trading subsidiary along with relationships with other local enterprises and schools.
Applicants must be a fully-qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) and have demonstrable experience in a similar role leading a finance team for at least 3 years. Experience in the charity sector is strongly desirable.
Interviews are likely to take place very early in 2018.
Salary circa £32,000 (negotiable for a strong candidate)
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.