City of London, London
£50000 per annum
6 months ago
Do you have the skills and drive to help a small under-resourced but highly effective charity to develop its infrastructure?
My client based in East London, are a dynamic charity supporting migrants at risk where they provide legal advice services, run housing projects and work with service users to overcome the barriers they face to integrate, develop and thrive.
This is a key role, combining strategic thinking and planning with operational activity. As the Head of Finance and Resources, you will be working very closely with the CEO and Head of Services as part of the leadership team to build and maintain organisational infrastructure and sustainability. You will also work closely with the treasurer and trustees, servicing the finance and resources committee.
This role is offering a salary of £50,000 pro rata for 3.5days per week, flexible hours. As the organisation is in a developmental phase, applications for a one-year contract will be considered.
Some of your key duties are:
- Working with the finance manager, you will ensure that the finances are properly planned, monitored, managed and controlled and that sufficient funds are raised to support our activities.
- Be responsible for strategic and financial planning
- Ensure effective operational management of all internal support services including but not limited to finance, HR, IT, fundraising development and building management.
- Review, develop and implement financial policies and procedures
- Prepare the annual budget
- Oversee day to day management of the organisation's finances, ensuring that monthly management accounts and other reports are prepared to an agreed timetable
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements
- Liaise with auditors and contribute to annual report
- Ensure that the IT strategy is developed and implemented
- Manage the provision of Human Resources and Facilities support, ensuring the organisations policies and procedures meet legal requirements
- Assist with office move
Candidates applying for this role must have the following skills:
- Qualified, Part qualified or Qualified by Experience Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Experience of preparation of business and financial plans and budgets
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Lead and manage a team
- Experienced staff manager
- Proven track record of managing other functions such as IT, HR and Facilities
- Use of Sage financial accounting would be an advantage
Candidates shortlisted for this role will be required to write a cover letter. The interviews for this position would be held w/c 25th June 2018.
If interested in this role, please apply immediately with a copy of your CV.