City of London, London
£57000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
TPP Finance and Accountancy are proud to be working with Paul Hamlyn Foundation (PHF). PHF are one of the largest independent grant-making organisations in the UK and also work in India. PHF helps people overcome disadvantage and lack of opportunity, so that they can realise their potential and enjoy fulfilling and creative lives. The Foundation has a particular interest in supporting young people and a strong belief in the importance of the arts.
This essential new role will head up the Finance Team and work closely with the Foundation's Chief Operating Officer. You will have the opportunity to lead a team of 6 staff committed to delivering excellent finance operations in-house as well as overseeing accounting for a diverse portfolio of investments which make up the Foundation's endowment of circa £800m. You will also lead on financial management for the foundation's charitable expenditure of £33m per annum.
The team is part of a larger finance and resources team covering IT, HR, facilities and governance responsibilities for the organisation. Based just a few minutes' walk from Kings Cross within light and airy offices that provide a high quality and comfortable working environment, the role comes with many employee benefits.
Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- Lead on all financial management and reporting, including year-end accounts and budgeting
- Maintain oversight of the systems and processes in place in the finance team and ensure these are fit for purpose. New systems are planned and there is an exciting opportunity to lead on the implementation of these.
- Oversee the accounting process for the investment portfolio working very closely with the investments team and external investment advisors
- Lead on cash management, including the flow of cash for investments.
- Leading the finance team and providing financial leadership for the organization more generally.
If you are an experienced accountant, with a recognised CCAB qualification, have strong understanding of charity SORP, FRS102 and experience of designing, developing and introducing new approaches to finance tasks, then don't hesitate in applying today.
Knowledge of investment accounting and experience of working with investment funds would be an added advantage
If you are interested in this role, please apply with a copy of your CV or contact Angela Chellappah for an informal chat. Candidates shortlisted for this role will be required to write a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 demonstrating how they meet the requirements of the person specification.
This position will close on 24th September 2018 at 9.00am and candidates shortlisted will be invited to attend the interview on 9th October 2018.