City of London, London
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
19 days ago
A health/NHS charity based in the city of Cambridge is seeking a Head of Finance to join its existing team of 5 people. This ambitious and developing charity is dedicated to improving patient care across emergency, acute or long term illnesses. This medium sized charity is seeking a Head of Finance to oversee the finance function and ensure that the team help the charity meet its ambitious 4-5 growth plan.
Reporting to the Finance Director the successful candidate is required to oversee the operations of the finance team, whilst completing all financial reports.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
- Overseeing the finance function, with two direct line reports ensuring all operational and transactional processes are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Completing the monthly management accounts and supporting the Finance Director in writing and presenting the relevant commentary to the board and SMG
- Prepare budgets and 12 months cashflow forecast
- Maintain debtors report and ensure it does not exceed 60 days recovery plan
- Support the Finance Director in completing the year end accounts and liaising with the auditors
- Business partner and work closely with department heads to help set and review budgets ensuring effective controls are in place to meet individual department goals
- Work closely with the Head of HR and manage monthly payroll and relevant HMRC reports
- To work closely with the fundraising team to ensure effective Gift Aid recovery and to produce relevant reports in aid of fundraising processes and efforts
- To set and manage the IT budgets identifying relevant areas of development and improvements
Applicants for the position of Head of Finance need to have a genuine passion for the cause of the charity and experience in similar role within a charity/NFP sector is essential.
In addition, this role is a great opportunity for anyone who has been operating at a hands on level who is keen to gain experience of strategic financial planning, and exposure of working at board level. Applicants must have relevant accounting qualification such as CIMA/ACCA and working whilst working knowledge of an accounting system such as PS Financials is not essential, excellent Excel skills are.