City of London, London
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Are you currently looking for a new Head of Finance position? Do you have international NGO Finance experience and happy to commit to a one-year maternity cover working for this very worthy international charity? Have you worked in a project related head of finance role previously? If so, please read on.
My client is an international charity with circa £15 Million income and are currently looking for a qualified accountant to cover a one-year maternity with their current incumbent going on maternity in July. They are a very interesting organisation & charity to work for and the role will offer some excellent experience around a new system implementation, review & change of their current auditors and exposure to some new entities being set up internationally. You will be expected to have experience around the following:
- Lead the finance team on the production of the monthly management accounts
- Help to manage the transition to the new auditors during the Q3/4 2019 & prepare the 2019 statutory accounts in line with SORP. This will be one of the projects to be undertaken whilst in post.
- Establish inter-company financial processes between multiple new entities across Europe and beyond and work closely with other offices' international accountants.
- Lead the creation and implementation of a finance manual, drafting financial policies, procedures and processes related to the finance function, to the new finance software, and to the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for senior management and trustees in collaboration with the rest of the finance team
- Assist in the preparation of the organisational budget for the board to approve
- Work closely with the Operations team to roll out the new procurement and contracts policy
- Contribute to the implementation of a finance strategy in line with the visions and values.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required for this role
Should you be a qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified accountant with some project related experience as well as experience of working for an international development charity, then please apply now and be aware that this role will be looking for an end of June or beginning of July start date.