Up to £55000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
A leading Professional Body who develops the workforce in the Further Education Sector are recruiting for a Head of Excellence Programme on a full time, permanent basis. The position is for someone to start as soon as possible and will consider candidates with a maximum of a 1 month notice period.
This Professional Body were recently appointed as the lead on a DfE opportunity, which is the Centres for Excellence Programme for Maths. The programme is the first major commercial bid won and is in an area which is fundamental to their mission and values.
As the Head of Programme, you will join a team of programme Heads with specific remit to oversee this important contract. Essential to this role, you will already understand what it's like to work on public services delivery and be accountable to a funder such as the DfE. You must have excellent leadership skills, be commercially astute and will have diplomacy skills needed to engage with various stakeholders.
Your role will involve:
- Being accountable for the financial and operational performance, heading the consortium partnership and being the day-to-day key contact for Department for Education (DfE)
- Leading the operational management of this government funded contract
- Taking accountability for the operating and delivery reporting processes
- Liaison across the supply chain and within the DfE
- Managing 3 regional Maths subject leads.
- Managing complex budgets and multi-strand projects in relation to the Excellence project
To be considered you must have:
- Experience of managing government funded contracts, including operating and delivering reporting processes and liaison across supply chains and government departments
- Excellent understanding of the FE sector (preferably GFE and Sixth Form Colleges)
- Complex budget and multi-strand project management and leadership experience
- Understanding of Maths or STEM education and teacher education in primary and secondary setting is desirable
If you have experience within the FE sector with a strong track record of successful multi-strand project management and leadership, please apply!
Closing date: 9am Friday 22nd March 2019
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number J69821DT