Job Title: Head of parish and Diocesan Property
Job type: Full time permanent
Geographic Coverage: The Archdiocese encompasses all of London south of the Thames and all of Kent, comprising 175 parishes and 169 schools
Would you like to work for a faith-based organisation with a substantial property portfolio which plays a crucial role in supporting the Church's mission and caring for those in need. This role primarily focuses on managing the parish property portfolio, encompassing a range of public, historic, and frequently open-to-the-public buildings.
Working as the Head of Parish Property your daily tasks will include:
- Collaborate with the Director of Property to optimise the Diocesan estate, facilitating efficient maintenance expenditure and maximising income or disposal proceeds.
- Effectively lead a team to ensure proper identification and recording of all diocesan properties.
- Promote asset management best practices across the Diocesan Estate.
- Support transparent decision-making through regular reports to committees and trustees.
- Ensure buildings are fit for purpose, especially those open to the public.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations across the Diocesan estate.
- Provide necessary health and safety training.
Contract and Utilities Management:
- Oversee negotiation and management of utilities and security contracts for specific sites.
- Negotiate and manage contractors for work on specific sites.
- Liaise with the Facilities Manager on scheduling and delivery of works.
- Support the development of the Diocesan Property budget.
- Manage and develop the team.
- Provide input into property-related projects.
In your role as Head of parish and Diocesan Property the skills you will bring to the rile are:
- Experienced senior surveyor with a significant property portfolio management background.
- Experience managing public buildings, particularly historic ones like churches.
- Health and safety qualified or be familiar with energy efficiency and sustainable solutions.
- Previous involvement in development and disposals.
- Substantial budget management experience.
- Effective people manager.
- Current driving license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and property databases.
- Satisfactory DBS disclosure
In your role as Head of Diocesan Property you will have the opportunity to work on many different exciting projects as the Diocese is going through a period of change, therefore strong leadership, communication and planning skills are pivotal to your success in this role.
Although based in the London area you will on need to travel across London and the country, therefore having a full UK drivers licence is highly advantageous.
Working for this faith-based organisation, you will meet many people from various walks of life, we welcome applications from all faith/non-faith backgrounds creating a culture of respect, openness, and a commitment to building positive relationships regardless of your faith/non-faith background.
If you are interested in considering and learning more about this Diocesan Surveyor role then please do so by sending your CV to email@example.com
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.