£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
This international development organisation are looking for a a Head of Design to look after a department of two designers and other freelancers who are custodians of the organisations visual identity and branding. You will work across campaigns, platforms and partnerships to ensure all communications are on brand and engage the target audience.
The design department is still being established and is in need of a strong leader who has vision for the department and a love of design. You will be able to lead on projects and work with the two designers to create branding for the organisation. You will be designer that knows when to play it safe and when to push the boundaries.
You will have extensive experience working directly with clients, managing complex projects, and overseeing a team of designers and freelancers. This role requires excellent communication skills, strategic thinking, and a "getting your hands dirty" approach with execution and implementation.
Please note: This role will involve some travel internationally. The role is based in London with line reports in Washington DC.
So what are we looking for from you?
- Experience of managing design strategy and execution, particularly for campaigns
- Experience of leading both offline and online global design projects
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of designers and freelancers
- Experience writing compelling copy and bringing this copy to life through great design
- Has strong leadership and meditation skills, and enjoys mentoring and fostering growth of junior team members