Up to £59452 per annum
4 months ago
Head of Corporate Governance - 6 month contract ASAP start
Our client a large and very well established leading welfare charity are seeking some immediate high level support in their Legal Directorate, as Head of Corporate Governance.
This role will be remote based with the view to visit the office on occasion when allow and should you so wish, they are central London based, and this is a full time 35 hr week role, requiring someone with no more than 2 weeks' notice or sooner.
This is an exciting vacancy as Head of Corporate Governance Working with the National Chairman, Board of Trustees, Sub-Committee Chairs, Director General and Executive Board to lead charities governance processes. The job holder will be central in supporting the Board of Trustees in the discharging of their duties. The role will work closely with legal to ensure the organisation complies with all its legal, constitutional, and regulatory requirements governing charity behaviour and performance.
Working closely with the General Counsel and Director of HR&OD, the post holder will manage the interface between management and corporate governance arrangements of the organisation and support the development of high standard reporting, decision-making, risk management and assurance is achieved.
The Head of Corporate Governance will lead on the planning, development and delivery of meetings whilst producing accurate and timely minutes and drafting meeting papers on key matters where required.
We are looking for candidates who have a solid track record at a senior governance level ideally with a relevant professional qualification and/or experience in corporate governance.
* Good level of general education - A level or equivalent
* Degree or relevant work experience
* Any other relevant professional qualification
* Experience of planning and scheduling meetings for senior members of staff and stakeholders.
* Experience of taking and agreeing minutes from meetings for senior members of staff.
* Experience of drafting of papers for consideration and decision by senior staff and key stakeholders.
* Line Management Experience
* Budget management experience
* Experience of working with electronic agenda systems
Head of Corporate Governance
6 month contract
35 hrs per week
Remote based (with a view to visit offices in London when able)