City of London
£50000.00 - £56000.00 per annum + Additional benefits
4 months ago
Calling all Head of Communications!
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Head of Communications to join a fantastic London based charity whose work supports children and adults during times of Crisis
This is a great opportunity for someone who would relish the chance to work for a charity who helped people for over 50 years and over 14,000 people last year alone. You'll make a real difference to their lives in a time when they need it the most
They are looking to appoint a Head of Communications who is an ambitious and creative individual to lead their communications team. Drawing on your experience as a communications professional, you will care deeply about the issues that the organisation works on and be committed to ensuring their service users remain at the heart of what they do.
- As Head of Communications you will develop, plan, implement and monitor the communication strategy in-line with the overall organisation strategy
- Provide monthly and annual reporting as required
- You will provide day-to-day oversight of all external comms
- Planning and co-ordination of flagship comms campaigns
- Support for public affairs advocacy including reports and events
- Provide strong leadership, management and performance monitoring of the communications team
- Ensure the team keeps abreast of new developments in communications and is fully compliant with relevant legislation
Your experience & Skills
- You will have significant strategic communications experience at a senior management level
- Able to develop and implement plans to ensure broad strategic goals are achieved
- As the Head of Communications, you will have a proven track record of building and managing relationships with key media and communications influencers.
- Strong demonstrable commitment to close partnership working.
- Experience of managing, leading and motivating staff teams
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (written and verbal)
- Creative and innovative in all areas of work
- Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines with sound attention to detail
- They're very much a value led organisation (5 core values) which permeates in to their own culture, how appraisals are done and how they recruitment
- The organisation has huge amount of experience. More than 50 years working with complex frontline services, revolving around the communities they support
- They have an openness to innovation and creative thinkers
- Staff are completely committed to work they do, passionate, empathetic, always go the extra mile and always have focus on what service users need and want
- The organisation is passionate about learning what their service users' aspirations are and supporting journey/walking alongside their path to recovery.
If you are interested in this role, please send a CV along with a 600-700 word supporting statement, ensuring that you highlight how your skills and experience relate to the responsibilities listed above and why you would like to work within a cause that helps people in a time of crisis
Applications will close on the 23rd of March and shortlisting will take place on the week commencing 4th of April. There will be a 2-stage interview process with the 1st interview being an informal chat with the line manager and if successful, you will be invited for a 2nd more formal interview where there will be a set task to complete prior to the interview.
We look forward to hearing from you
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.