South West London, London
£47000 - £57000 per annum + OTE
about 1 year ago
Our client, a thriving global membership body of influential marketing leaders has a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced senior business development professional to join them as their new Head of Business Development. This is a permanent role that starts off as a home-based part time role during the current covid-19 crisis and will revert to a full time office based role over time. Their office is situated in South West London and this opportunity offers excellent benefits.
The right candidate should have a successful sales track record in the publishing, advertising/marketing agencies, consumer sales, start up, etc sectors.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Business Development:
- Develop and be accountable for strategy to grow membership with a focus on engagement and retention
- Responsible for the membership and professional development proposition
- Being a part of the leadership team, lead, train, develop and support a team of five
- Defining budgets and maintain a forecast throughout the year
- Work closely across sponsorship and events teams on product development
- Track and submit team commission earnings
- Ensure all potential membership prospects are identified and explored fully by the team
- Maintain and develop your own account relationships
- Ensure engagement is maintained across all accounts
An extremely strong track record in business development sales is essential for this opportunity. The right candidate will be able to balance the overall health of the accounts by cultivating an active and engaged key account base as well as a recruitment strategy attracting the most senior business leaders within marketing and advertising. Working closely with the Head of Global to ensure the growth of accounts in their global hubs Scotland, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, India and New York. You will lead a team to support on achieving sales targets and aspirations which means you will need to demonstrate significant experience around line management. Strong negotiation and commercial skills will be expected. An analytical and data driven approach, with the ability to think laterally will serve you well. Naturally your sales funnel management will be top notch.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team quoting the reference number 73637DW. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.