£15.93 - £19.23 per hour
5 months ago
3 months +
Grants and Advisory Caseworker - Temporary
Our client a benevolent grant giving charity who are about to enter a busy period are seeking temporary support as a Grants and Advisory Caseworker, this is a key role for the charity and at a critical time for their beneficiaries, you will be working in a small but busy team, you will be required to have previous experience in a similar role, and immediately available to start, this role will be remote based however if and when possible it will be based in central London offices, this will be for approx. 3 months.
Purpose of Job
To respond to and process beneficiary enquiries, processing requests for assistance, and assisting with project work.
- Assist with a range of applications including from our specialist grants programmes including applications from Macmillan, Crisis, Down to Earth and our Employee Assistance Programme. Analyse information against criteria, interpret financial information, liaise with other outside agencies and reach recommendations on financial assistance.
- Monitor and respond to requests for assistance via our help@ and grants@ email account.
- Ensure all communications are personalised, reflective and demonstrate empathy and an understanding of individual circumstances.
- Maintain detailed and accurate case and financial records (paper and electronic) recording data received and actions taken in line with current policies and procedures.
- Updating, uploading and/or scanning applications and subsequent documents onto database and file management system.
- Draw on all available resources to offer support to beneficiaries, advise beneficiaries on possible benefit entitlements and signpost to other sources and organisations where appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the role in line with procedures and Data Protection legislation.
- Previous experience in working withing a grants team or similar in the NFP sector
- Competent user of MS Officer applications particularly Word & Excel
- Experience of using a CRM database
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
Role: Grants and Advisory Caseworker
Location: Remote Working and when possible at the office in
Employment Type: Temporary 3 months approx. with possible extension
Salary/rate: £15.93 - £19.23ph depending on level of experience
Working hours: 35pw