£30732 - £36925 per annum
about 1 month ago
Are you passionate about governance and have experience of working within Higher Education or the public sector?
A London university are currently recruiting for a Governance Officer to provide the secretariat for various sub-committees of the Board of Trustees working closely with the senior managers and Committee Chair. This will be for both the academic departments as well as professional services.
As the Governance officer, you will be responsible for the operational delivery which include co-ordinating, delivering and monitoring risk registers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the access to confidential and highly sensitive information have measures put in place for protection and is restricted.
- Work with the Senior Management team, Heads of Departments and Directors of Professional Service to update the School's risk register. This includes working with the senior managers to ensure they understand the risk framework fully.
- Prepare papers, spreadsheets, and reports in relation to risk management and governance.
- Support with the preparation of agendas, meeting papers and minutes with a range of committees and groups.
- Identify changes to policies and procedures and implement the correct action to ensure that the agreed quality standards are met.
This is a chance to be an integral part of the Legal, Governance and Risk department of the university.
It is essential that you ideally have experience within the public sector or Higher Education.
You will need in depth understanding of risk management and previous experience of maintaining and updating risk registers. To be successful in this role, you will be providing comprehensive advice and guidance in a timely manner on procedural, regulatory and policy issues.
If you have the above experience and are immediately available, this role will be a great role for you with the selection process happening this week.
This role is urgent with an immediate start until 31st December so please send across your updated CV to email@example.com quoting the job title and reference number J75682RD if you would like to be considered for this great opportunity.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.