£21000.00 - £22500.00 per annum + 21 hours a week
over 1 year ago
TPP are working with an established Cancer charity. They are recruiting a Governance Manager to work 21 hours a week for a 12 month contract. This role will be reporting into the Director of Corporate Services.
The purpose of this role is:
* To support the Board of Trustees, the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and the Chief Executive in ensuring good business governance, compliance and safe and credible corporate administration
* To manage the charity's risk management processes
* To manage and oversee the work and development of the Corporate Services Assistant
Some of the key tasks and duties:
1. Risk management
To manage the delivery of the charity's strategic and operational risk management programme, working with SLT, the Wider Leadership Team (WLT), the Risk & Governance Committee and the Board of Trustees.
2. Company Secretary compliance
To advise the Board of Trustees and Director of Corporate Services to ensure that the charity complies with its Articles of Association and the requirements of the charity's governance regulatory bodies which may affect the running of the charity. Prepare and submit annual returns for governance regulatory bodies. Keep under review governance developments which might affect decision-making or the charity's operations.
3. Board of Trustees
Manage the secretariat for Board meetings, ensuring that meetings are effective and well organised, including planning the agendas in advance and ensuring that paperwork is distributed in a timely fashion. Support the Chair and SLT in advising on any potential or actual conflicts of interests at Board meetings. Take clear and concise minutes of meetings and follow up actions agreed at these meetings. Provide support and advice to SLT, the Chief Executive and the Chair of the meeting to ensure smooth running, etiquette and compliance.
4. Finance & Investment, Risk & Governance and People & Culture Committees
Manage the secretariat for the Finance & Investment and Risk & Governance Committee meetings including dates, deadlines, work schedules and agendas. Create, edit, format and distribute papers
within meeting deadlines. Take formal minutes of meetings and follow up actions agreed at these meetings. Provide support to the Chair of the meetings to ensure smooth running, etiquette and
5. Line management of Corporate Services Assistant
Manage the Corporate Services Assistant, including supervisions, delegation of work. performance management and supporting, guiding and developing them in their work as necessary. To ensure the annual performance and development review process if conducted and that objectives are appropriately set.
Qualifications and Experience
It is essential for you to have the following qualifications and experience:
* Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent experience)
* Strong experience in using industry-standard Microsoft packages, for example Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and able to learn new computer skills quickly
* Strong Company Secretary experience and up to date knowledge of committee processes and governance issues
* Proven strong experience of organising board meetings, agendas and taking accurate and concise minutes
* Experience of risk management
* Experience in working to multiple deadlines and managing a busy workload with competing priorities
* Experience of charity sector and working effectively with trustees & senior leaders
If this opportunity is of interest please get in contact ASAP