£33904.00 - £41694.00 per annum
2 months ago
TPP are proud to be working with a Membership Association that have over 10,000 members. They work to improve and advance patient care and promote and support education and research.
They are looking to recruit an Governance Administrator to join their busy Governance team.
Are you good at minute writing, formatting documents and great at proof reading with a strong eye for detail? Are you process driven? Do you have experience of organising and serving committee meetings?
The purpose of this role:
- To provide administrative support as a member of the Governance team.
- To ensure the smooth running of the committee meeting programme.
- To administer other processes as required e.g. grants, honours and awards and the abstract competitions at Association conferences.
- To provide administrative assistance to the Senior Management Team (SMT) as needed e.g. arranging meetings, updating governance resources and website updates
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Providing support for all logistical aspects of committee meetings including organising presentations by invited guests, liaising with facilities for the provision of rooms, AV and catering and organising virtual meeting technology.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the committee meeting programme; preparing agendas, distributing papers and taking minutes of meetings to agreed time-scales and keeping accurate records of membership and attendance.
- Tracking the action points from meetings and following up with the chair and/or committee members as necessary through to completion within agreed time-scales.
- To work with all staff, Board and committee members to ensure good communications are maintained throughout the Association.
- To provide administrative support as required to the Chief Executive Officer, Officers and the SMT.
- To administer the Association grants, honours and awards and the oral/poster competitions at the Annual Congress, Trainee Conference and Winter Scientific Meeting (WSM) conferences and to attend the conferences as required to support both the Governance and Events teams.
- To support the administration of the annual Board and Trainee Committee elections.
- To support the administration of the Association's working parties and publications.
- To administer the monthly staff meetings and Governance team meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes and distributing them in a timely fashion.
- To manage the generic mailboxes and respond to all enquiries, dealing with requests for information and assistance relating to your areas of work, or fielding correspondence to appropriate staff and Board members as necessary, co-ordinating responses as required.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven experience of organising and servicing committee meetings, including accurate minute-taking
- Ability to develop efficient office/administrative systems
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with CRM/database systems
- Fast, accurate keyboard skills
- Excellent oral communication skills and written communications skills, with particular emphasis on attention to detail (spelling and grammar)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to manage competing priorities
- Strong organisational abilities
- Report writing ability
If you are interested in this role, please call Gemma Hannington on 020 7198 6020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org