£43k - 45k per year
almost 2 years ago
A brand new opportunity has come up to work for a medium sized charity based in Clapham as a General Finance Manager.
Nightingale Hammerson is a vibrant care home group which has been serving the community for over 170 years, offering a range of high quality services tailored to meet the needs of each of our residents and employing almost 400 staff across two homes in North and South London.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced generalist Finance Manager to join the Nightingale Hammerson Finance Department.
Reporting to and directly supporting the Director of Finance & IT and working alongside the Senior Management Accountant, the role will be a flexible one, encompassing a broad range of regular tasks together with ad-hoc work as required.
If you have a finance background in a small to medium sized charity (or company) where you have perhaps been involved other areas of the organisation as well, then this is a brilliant opportunity for you.
This is a permanent full time role offering a salary between £43,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Some of your key duties are:
· Assisting with preparation of annual budgets and preparation for annual audit
· Assisting Director of Finance and other management with ad-hoc and on-going projects
· Overseeing day to day IT provision within the organisation and assisting Director of Finance with strategic IT projects
· Key member of credit control team with responsibility for introducing formal system of follow up and thus reducing debtor days
· Assisting in development, updating and documentation of procedures and controls to ensure the organisation continues to safeguard its assets in an efficient manner
· Assisting Residents’ Services with review of resident finances prior to admission
· Responsibility for Health & Safety within the department and for the office floor as a whole, ensuring that risk assessments are carried out and reporting to the H&S Committee
· Carrying out a range of internal audit checks to ensure controls are operating efficiently and reporting on same
Key skills required for this role are:
· Recognised CCAB Qualification
· Experience of the charity sector (desirable but not essential)
· Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
· A proven track record of a range of generalist skills
· Experience of VAT partial exemption useful
· Excellent Excel skills and an understanding of databases
· Sound general IT skills
· Audit experience would be useful but not essential
For further details or for a confidential discussion, please feel free to contact Angela Chellappah at TPP Finance and Accountancy on 020 7198 6050 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.