£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
3 months ago
A leading professional body, has a unique opportunity available for someone used to working in a professional regulatory setting (ideally around casework) to join them as their next General Counsel & Head of Operations.
Key responsibilities for the General Counsel & Head of Operations:
* Act as Company Secretary, provide technical, strategic legal and operational advice to board
* Lead and manage the disciplinary board
* Setting and managing internal governance policies, processes and practices
* Anticipate strategic and operational risks and identify proactive solutions
* Ensure decisions based on values of ethics, integrity and service of the public interest
* Support key associates such as Panel Members, organising training and recruitment
* Act as Board's Finance, HR, IT, and Risk Management functions
* Act as Board's GDPR Data Protection Officer and Safeguarding Officer
You will need to demonstrate that you a qualified barrister and/or hold a CILEX qualification. Ideally you will have experience advising boards on case management and be confident in your ability to advise on most governance legality or at least signpost if necessary. Experience of working to fixed deadlines and objectives, with strong attention to detail. Able to work self-directed. Familiarity with financial and management accounts, cash flow and debt management would also be handy. Persuasive advocate and influencer, with experience of acting as advocate for organisations.
To apply for this General Counsel & Head of Operations vacancy, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team quoting the reference number 751602DW. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.