over 3 years ago
Head of Fundraising
Corporate Partnerships Manager and Fundraising Executive and other members of the Malaria No More UK team
Malaria No More UK office, Vauxhall, London SE11
2-3 days per week for a 3-6 month period
This is a volunteer role. Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed on a monthly basis.
Malaria No More UK: We have an ambitious mission to end the oldest killer disease in human history. We work with governments, private sector partners and the public to galvanise the political will and financial commitment required to accelerate innovation, access and action to end this devastating disease once and for all. We are determined to be the generation to end malaria and believe this goal is within our reach.
Why we need you: We need your help to assist in raising the funds that allow Malaria No More UK to deliver its vital work - helping accelerate the end of the world's oldest and deadliest disease.
If you're looking for a chance to kick-start your career in fundraising whilst contributing to an ambitious, passionate organisation with a bold mission, then this opportunity is for you. You will be working directly with our small fundraising team of three, undertaking a varied range tasks including research, writing, producing materials and providing administrative support where needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
These will vary according to the needs of the team but are likely to include:
- Researching potential partners, supporters and opportunities using information gathered through desk based research and telephone enquiries.
- Creating and updating fundraising materials and supporting in the production of proposals.
- Supporting in event organisation.
- Offering general administrative support to the Fundraising team, including data entry and helping with correspondence.
What type of person will you be?
- Able to hit the ground running and work independently whilst meeting a brief.
- Well organised and reliable with a willingness to "muck-in".
- Capacity to deal with sometimes unstructured and unpredictable environments.
- Enthusiastic about our mission and about your future in fundraising.
What skills will you have?
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; being able to articulate clearly on the phone and face to face as well as in writing.
- You will enjoy conducting quality research using a range of different sources of information and thinking laterally about possible opportunities for Malaria No More UK.
- You must know how to use Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Word and Excel. PowerPoint would also be an advantage.
- You will be comfortable paying close attention to detail and will have accurate data entry skills - experience using a contact database would be of benefit although training will be provided.
- You will have spent some time in an office environment.
What you can gain from the role:
- You will gain an insight into the work of an ambitious, high impact global health advocacy organisation, and specific experience in charity fundraising and partnerships.
- A chance to develop your research, writing and workplace skills.
- The opportunity to play a role in the global movement to help end malaria deaths.
To apply, please send your CV together with a letter of application detailing why you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, your availability, and how your skills and experience fit what we are looking for.
Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in helping make malaria no more.