Travel and lunch expenses will be paid
about 4 years ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer with strong writing and research skills to work in our Fundraising Team to help increase our engagement with new and existing supporters. This is a great opportunity to gain fundraising experience in a charity tackling one of the most challenging problems facing society.
3.9 million children, one in four, are currently living in poverty in the UK. Child poverty steals away children's life chances and damages childhoods. Too many children are left behind, scarred by inequality and deprivation and leading to an education, a health and a wellbeing divide.
Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG) is the leading UK charity working to end poverty among children, young people and families. We believe no child should grow up in hardship or lose out through poverty. We aim to prevent and end child poverty by advocating evidence-based solutions to policy-makers and providing accurate information and advice so families can access the financial support they need.
To enable this, we are developing ambitious plans to build our fundraising. At the same time, we must continue getting the best value out of every pound our supporters give us, finding new, innovative, and cost-effective ways to raise money.
We are seeking a volunteer who is available 2-3 days a week for a minimum of three months. Travel and lunch expenses will be paid.
- Identify organisations (trusts, foundations and companies) that could potentially fund CPAG:
- Develop an understanding of CPAG's work
- Identify and research potential charitable trusts and foundations, and companies, that could fund
- CPAG and specific projects, using online resources
- Keep a digital record of this research.
- Draft applications and proposals.
- Help CPAG develop its individual donor base
- Thank individual donors as agreed with the Fundraiser
- Maintain the fundraising database by inputting and updating donor details and donations received.
- Website & social media
- Posting updates on the fundraising pages of our website
- Posting social media posts relating to fundraising
- Keeping abreast of fundraising opportunities for CPAG
The fundraising knowledge and skills you will receive:
- A general overview of the fundraising process in relation to trusts and foundation
- A specific understanding of resources available to research trusts, foundations and companies, and the information that is used by fundraisers to approach these organisations
- Database skills including training on 'Sugar', an online based database
- Access to fundraising proposals submitted to potential funders
- Understanding of individual donor development and stewardship, including thanking individuals and drafting fundraising appeals to individual donors
Some experience of
- using social media for fundraising, campaigning and/or marketing purposes
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Excellent editorial skills and attention to detail
- Team player with adaptable and pragmatic approach to work
- Excellent IT skills and ability to learn new programmes quickly
Communications tools / techniques for different audiences (desirable)
Degree level or equivalent
- Commitment to CPAG's mission and values
- A self-starter who is keen to be part of a small team making a big difference.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
Please submit completed application forms to email@example.com by 1st October 2017.