4 months ago
We're fundraising so we can run services and support for people with MS, and so we can fund our ground breaking research programme that aims to stop MS altogether.
As our Fundraising Volunteer you'll support your Fundraising Group Coordinator to organise local fundraising activities and events throughout the year. You'll help with planning events, preparation and making sure everything runs smoothly on the day.
In this role you'll be able to develop your organisation, communication and team working skills.
Most importantly you'll inspire your local community to raise funds that help make sure no one has to face MS alone.
What the role involves
This role may vary depending on needs, but is likely to include:
- Maximising funds raised as part of a team or fundraising group Assisting at fundraising events throughout the year
- Developing links with local organisations and participating in fundraising opportunities
- Assisting with compliance issues
- Assisting in completing and signing finance declarations, with the Finance Volunteer
- Recruiting and inducting other volunteers involved in fundraising as part of the group
- Coordinating and supporting other volunteers involved in fundraising
We can support you to develop the skills you need for this role, including an induction into all the areas outlined. You will have a chance to discuss your role and any additional needs with us.
What you need for this role
- Confident using Microsoft Office, the internet and email
- Able to follow Fundraising Regulator standards and fundraising best practice
- Able to understand and apply our risk management system Able to apply disability, equality and inclusion practices
- Able to keep people's personal data safe
- Committed to our values
- Willing to develop skills and experience Enjoys working as part of a team
- Previous project management experience
- Effective administration skills, planning and problem solving skills Approachable, presentable, enthusiastic
In order to volunteer in this role you will need to:
- Read through your welcome and induction checklist
Additional information about our Volunteering programme:
When you volunteer with us, you join our powerful community of people living with MS, scientists, campaigners, listeners, organisers, ambassadors and fundraisers.
Our Volunteering Programme holds the prestigious Investing in Volunteers (IiV) accreditation. This award recognises our dedication to ensuring all volunteers have an excellent experience - from when we recruit you, through supporting you to develop skills and experience, to recognising your achievements.
Our shared commitments help keep our Volunteering Programme enjoyable, meaningful and safe for everyone.
Download Our Commitments here.